Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Volcom V.co-logy Society

i've always had a thing with Volcom. there's something about their quirky designs; sketches, doodles, cut & paste. i dig those kinda things. love it.

then i found out about the Volcom Giving Back Blog. i know it's a part of their marketing strategies (duh!) but it's for a good cause actually. for someone like me who digs Volcom, i'm happy they're doing that. and obviously, apart from me, must be a few hundreds out there who have the same opinion as mine.

nice recycle logo, huh?

1. Is this purchase something I need?
2. Do I already own something that will serve the same purpose?
3. Can I borrow one instead of buying new?
4. Can I make something that will serve the same purpose?
5. Can I buy a used one?
5. Would someone be willing to split the cost and share this with me?
6. Can I buy or commission one made locally?
7. Can I buy one that was made with environmentally responsible materials?
8. Can I buy one that serves more than one purpose?
9. Can I get something human powered instead of gas or electric?
10. Can I compost or recycle it when I done with it?
11. What is the impact on the environment of the full life cycle of it?
12. Does the manufacture or disposal of it damage the environment?
- sustainabledave (found on Giving Back Blog)

No comments: